Instagram Stories are becoming one of the best ways to connect with your audience and to grow your followers. Yet a common problem is that posting consistently can be tricky — but it doesn’t have to be difficult!
On Instagram, stickers are super popular right now! There isn’t a ton to choose from on Instagram, but never fear — you can easily make your own and have them feel right on brand at the same time!
Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial on how you can add stickers to your Instagram stories
1. Download the graphics you want to use for stickers to your camera roll. You can do this by downloading them directly using your phone.
You can also download the graphics to your computer and save them to Google Drive or Dropbox or AirDrop the files to yourself.
I love to airdrop them to myself, and I also have them saved to Google Drive as a backup.
2. Choose the graphic you want to use for a sticker from your camera roll and select COPY.
3. Open Instagram and choose the image you want to use for the background.
4. Tap the screen (as if you’re about to type) and tap again or hold down until you can press paste. Then, PASTE the sticker overlay into Instagram.
The paste feature can be a bit touchy, so don’t worry if it doesn’t pop up right away. It’ll show up eventually!
5. Pinch and squeeze with your fingers to move and resize the sticker and place it as desired on top of the image.
6. Add additional stickers, text, or hashtags and then post to Instagram.
How to create branded Instagram stories
I love a great customer experience, so creating on-brand experiences in all areas of my business is really important to me. While there are some great stickers on Instagram that coordinate with my brand, I love creating consistency.
So, I had a designer (the amazing Kelly over at Star Castle Studio) create some custom icons for my brand. Check them out:
She turned all those icons into different color variations, and I used the steps above to turn those into on-brand Instagram story stickers.
I can also take text and turn it into png graphics that allow me to make cute on-brand saying stickers to add to my stories as well. Here’s a sample of a phrase, an icon and my logo as stickers to create an Instagram post:
The icon in the Instagram post above is from a collection by Nicole Yang.
Pro Tip: To turn your logo into a sticker, save it as a png file and follow the steps above. It’s as easy as that!
Have you created any stickers for your Instagram stories yet? If not, give it a try today!
If you need more help with getting your Instagram account set up for business growth and visibility, get my free Instagram profile audit workbook.